At Qenos, we believe that all injuries, occupational illnesses and environmental incidents are preventable.
We are committed to, and everyone who works at Qenos must show responsibility for operations, products and practices that protect the safety and health of our employees, contractors, customers and the community, as well as protecting the environment.
This is more than another element in our business competing for priority; it is an absolute requirement.
- Strive for a workplace that is free from injury, illness and incident.
- Encourage employee initiatives that contribute to a safer and improved environment at work, home and in the community.
- Minimise risks associated with the manufacturing, transportation, use and disposal of our products.
- Anticipate, analyse and discuss risks with those affected, and monitor events to ensure proper control.
- Conduct all operations and market all products with adequate safeguards.
- Be prepared for emergencies, responding quickly and effectively to incidents resulting from our operations.
- Efficiently use materials and energy, and dispose of wastes in a safe and environmentally sound way.
- Continuously improve our safety, health and environment performance through effective management systems, measurement and targets.
- Expand our knowledge of safety, health and the effect of our operations on the environment, and share this knowledge with others.
- Strive to be a trusted and responsible member of the community through performance, full and open communication, and involvement.
- Work with others to develop responsible laws, regulations and standards, based on sound science and assessment of risks, as required to further safeguard the workplace, community and environment.
These commitments are in addition to our basic intent to comply with all safety, health and environmental laws, regulations and Responsible Care requirements.